Monday, January 3, 2011

Friends come... Friends go....

Friends pop back up in your life when you don't really expect them to....

Well, I guess you can see the theme here in today's post...  Actually, it seems that it is the theme to the end of 2010 and the beginning of 2011....  It makes me smile when I see friends of mine rekindle friendships between other friends of mine... and I've seen quite a bit of that here recently...

As many of you (if not all of you) know, my friends are a big part of my life... I consider the majority of my friends almost like my family....  They play a big part in my day to day sanity LOL....  I put a lot of trust into my friends and would hope that the feelings were mutual...  I have lost friends along the way... reconnected with old friends and made new ones...  It is sort of like the circle of life in a way LOL

I just recently reconnected with a person that played a big part of my life quite a number of years ago...   There were times that I'd wonder what he was up to or I'd hear a song on the radio and would connect it to a memory... most of the time I changed the station though heheh...  Once I started raising my kids and adjusting to married life, the memories faded...  Then out of nowhere I get this message on Facebook.... At first I wasn't sure how to respond... but I did...  It actually surprised me that I didn't feel the resentment and the hate that I had felt over 14 years ago.... Seeing the pictures of his family and chatting with him about life and old memories really made me really happy for the way things turned out....  so yeah,  I actually gained a new <old> friend for the new year...   I do have to say that the funniest thing that has come out of this is that his dog shares a name with my mother in laws cat!!

So cherish the friends that you have and and don't dismiss the idea that old friends (even exes) can pop back up in the picture at any time and friendships can be rebuilt... I have the belief that all things happen for a reason... either to teach you a lesson, or make you stronger in life...

3 comments: